09/09/13

On my knees

                        

Travelling on my knees

Last night, I took a journey to a land across the seas;
I did not go by ship or ‘plane.... I travelled on my knees.
I saw so many people there in deepest depths of sin,
But Jesus told me I should go, that there were souls to win.


But I said “Jesus, I can’t go and work with such as these.”
He answered quickly “Yes, you can, by travelling on your knees.”
He said “You pray; I’ll meet the need, You call and I will hear.
Be concerned about lost souls, of those both far and near.”


And so I tried it, knelt in prayer, gave up some hours of ease;
I felt the Lord right by my side, while travelling on my knees.
As I prayed on and saw souls saved, and twisted bodies healed,
I saw God’s workers’ strength renewed 
while labouring on the field.


I said “Yes, Lord, I have a job, my desire Your will to please;
I can go and heed Your call, 
By travelling on my knees.”


Sandra Goodwin


Bulletin 8th September 2013 here